Ever thought of starting a business?
Join the Enterprise Programme starting at the Shaw Trust, Newport, Isle of Wight on 7th December 2016
How will the E-enterprise programme help me?
Over 40% of UK adults (18-65) stated they would like to run a business or be self- employed yet only 5% do, citing the lack of skills and confidence as the major inhibitor. Of those who do go on to start a business, poor business planning, poor marketing, cash flow and failure to embrace new technologies are cited as among the reasons why as many as 1 in 3 start-up businesses fail within the first three years ( source: The Times 100 Business Case Studies)
In partnership with Isle of Wight Council Coralesce ltd will be running a 45 hour non-accredited course to help you get started and take advantage of technologies and new ways to run a business. The course will involve 5 face to face sessions of 3 hours and will include hands-on training and guest speakers from business who are currently running businesses. The other 30 hours will be delivered online.
How will I learn?
This is a blended learning programme; you will be guided through a series of online activities which will be supported by local classroom sessions. The purpose of the classroom sessions is to enable you to check your understanding of the topics covered in the online sessions and also to help you apply your learning to your own business.
Learners are expected to have a laptop or tablet or smart phone to use during the course.
£20 for those who have total household incomes under than £23,000 per annum
£160 for those with household incomes over £23,000.
Next Course 7th December – 11th January 2017 Wednesday mornings 9.30-12.30
Generating and Assessing a Business Idea Generating and Assessing a Business Idea
- Be able to generate a viable business idea.
- Be able to assess the potential of a business idea.
- Know how to take a business idea forward.
Assessing your capacity to start and run a business
- Understand the skills needed to run a business
- Understand the time commitment involved in running a business.
- Be able to evaluate your ability to start a business.
- Know how to estimate the income and expenditure of a business.
- Know how to estimate profit and loss for a business.
- Know the financial information that needs to be recorded for a business.
- Understand the basic principles of cash flow.
- Identify potential sources of finance for a business
Understand how to sell a product or service
- Know how to assess the market for his/her product or service.
- Know how to promote the features and benefits of his/her product or service.
- Be able to plan for future sales
Introduction to launching and running online business
- Understanding your digital footprint.
- Using social media for your business.
- Using Google Business and Websites.